Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I know I did. It was a little weird not going home for the holidays, but it was fun for John and I to actually cook our first Thanksgiving meal together. In our five years of marriage we've always celebrated with our families and so we've never hosted or had to cook, I felt very grown up hosting our own Thanksgiving dinner. We had our friends Susy and Ryan over since they weren't going back to Arkansas either. Here's a picture of our brand new table and chairs all set up for dinner.Before John and I started our marathon of cooking and cleaning we took a short walk over to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. Since we aren't morning people at all, I set an alarm for 10:30 so we could get up and make it over to the parade before it was over at noon (if I hadn't set an alarm we would have slept until noon). We caught the last 30 minutes or so of the parade. The route changed this year and so instead of marching straight down Broadway they had to make several turns. We went to Herald Square and watched as the parade made their last turn to head to Macy's. We didn't really get close enough to see the marching bands but we could definitely see all of the balloons. These were the Christmas elves that came right before the huge Santa float that ends the parade every year. I think John could have cared less about seeing the parade but I sure thought it was fun :)

1 comment:

  1. Nicole--sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! I'm so glad you guys have met Susy and Ryan and were able to spend the holiday together! Sidney

    ReplyDelete