Monday, February 8, 2010

Winter Memories

Tomorrow is my one year anniversary in New York. I've been thinking a lot about the past year and I can't help but think of this time last year and the ice storm in Arkansas right before I moved....it was awful!

I just wanted to share some of the images from our old house. John had already moved to NY and I had stayed behind to get the house ready to sell. This storm hit literally the week before I moved. It certainly made for a memorable last week in Arkansas!
This is the view from the side of the house and then below is the backyard. The really funny thing about this whole event was that I was alone with Rosie with no power for 6 days and John's reaction when I showed him pictures was "Oh no, my tree!" Trust me, that's only funny now, a year later :)Here are two views up and down my old street. Even these pictures don't really do justice to how much damage there was EVERYWHERE!I guess that's one thing NY has going for it, no ice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment