Friday, August 6, 2010

Beach Week

John's mom rents a beach house down on the Gulf Coast every year for the whole family to get together. The really nice thing is that she also invites my mom and sisters so we get to see both of our families in one trip! This year there was a lot of concern over the oil spill. I think everyone was a little nervous to see what the beaches actually looked like but it turned out they were in pretty great condition. Here's a picture of one of the few tarballs we saw.
After a lot of trouble getting down to the coast and detouring through Philadelphia, we had a really nice time visiting with our families. There were about 20 people all together. It's so fun to get to hang out with some of John's family that we don't get to see any other time of the year.
John played lots of golf while I did a little more relaxing and playing on the beach. Here's a picture of a sandcastle that I would love to pretend we built :) It was just too awesome not to take a picture!
I wish we could have stayed longer; I was amazed at how quiet it was compared to the city. It was really nice to get away from the super fast paced style of NY, for me at least, I think John misses the city when we leave :)

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome sand castle! It was so good to see ya'll!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to see you too :) I loved seeing the girls, they are too cute!

    ReplyDelete