Saturday, November 20, 2010

Our Very Own Chateau

For those of you who read my last post about spending the day at Chenonceau, I joked how could it get better than that, well here is how the day got better....
We drove up to this lovely little chateau where John had booked us a room for the evening. We actually got to stay the night in a castle!

I don't know if any of you remember Joe Millionaire but it was a reality tv show and it happened to be filmed here.
Le chateau de la Bourdaisiere, hard to pronounce but so lovely to look at :) There was even a little chapel on the grounds.
The chateau itself was beautiful but the gardens were unbelievable!
There was a really nice traditional garden and then when we stepped through this tiny little door we walked into the most amazing collection of dahlias. 
I was running around like a little kid! My mouth actually dropped open when I first stepped through the door :)
Our stay at the chateau got even better when we actually went to our room and saw that they had completely modernized bathrooms (on a side note, the bathrooms in France were probably my least favorite thing, especially the showers!).

The next morning we got up and had breakfast all by ourselves in a beautiful little room overlooking more of the chateau grounds and then headed out for more chateau hopping :)

PS - Please forgive the mess that the picture arrangement is. The format has changed and now I can't get them to all be formatted the same. It's driving me nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment