Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Rest of Niagara

After we thoroughly checked out the falls we went up to Niagara-on-the-Lake on Saturday. Of course we watched the Razorback game but after that we spent the rest of the day wandering around Niagara-on-the-Lake. 
It was such a cute town, unfortunately I didn't take any pictures in the town, just of the lake. Its only about thirty minutes from Niagara Falls where the Niagara River meets Lake Ontario.
I've never seen any of the Great Lakes before so I have no idea about the others, but Lake Ontario was huge! I'm used to lakes in Arkansas which clearly pale in size. There were actually waves and you couldn't even see the other side. Way off in the distance there was even a tanker (not in the picture, but just saying!).
On Sunday the weather wasn't so fabulous so instead of going on the cable car like we had planned we went to the butterfly conservatory instead :)
The butterfly conservatory was fantastic! Of course there were butterflies everywhere :)
I took tons of pictures, one of my favorites is John deep in thought with his new butterfly friend :)
I'll end the butterfly slideshow with my favorite butterfly, I liked it because it was different from your classic butterfly :)
Now to get ready to go to Boston this weekend!

PS - In case you were wondering I'm wrapping up my first week at my new job and so far so good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment