Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Bittersweet Goodbye

Its been a looooong time since I last posted and I was actually considering just shutting down my blog but as I read through the posts it was so wonderful to have those memories recorded. There were pictures I didn't even remember taking, in particular pictures with a sweet friend of mine who passed away. I decided to keep the blog...and then life got really crazy!

Here's a short synopsis -
1. Decided to volunteer in Africa
2. Quit my job
3. Packed up all my stuff and moved out of my apartment
4. Left NYC to drop Rosie in Arkansas
5. Flew to Africa
This all happened in a little over a month, maybe two. For most of the time I felt like I was running around like a crazy person. I had always thought that I was a planner but apparently that was only in comparison to John :)

If you know me, you know that I had been talking about leaving NYC for a while but couldn't ever decide where to move. Somewhere along the way I got tired of trying to figure everything out and came to the conclusion that instead I would just take it one step at a time. I knew that a transition between cities would be a great time to travel/volunteer and why not take the chance when you have one, so here I am currently in Africa!

Its all been so overwhelming and intense but also surreal; to get to travel for two whole months is pretty much a dream come true! Anyway, I'll have more to post about Africa but I wanted to put a few pictures up of my apartment just so I had them to look back on.
My apartment was such a sanctuary for me in what has turned out to be an incredible journey. If I could say thank you to NYC I would, it will always be a very special place for me. Its where my life once fell apart but I learned how to put it back together and stand on my own and for that I am very proud.

2 comments:

  1. You should be proud, you are an amazing woman my friend. I can't wait to see where life takes you next and to be there to support and cheer you on

    ReplyDelete